The Hernandez Family

Here's a wonderful site for our friends and family to see what's happening here in Round Lake! Hope you enjoy!

Growing Like a Weed!

Monday, July 25, 2011

I need a desk to call my own...

I love creative projects...and my mind is always going in different directions and ideas that sometimes it's hard to keep up.  I was invited to my cousin's Bridal Shower, and knew I had to do something other than silverware or picture frames.  So I started turning the wheels with a mission.  I just really didn't have the space to execute it.

 I literally had beads, rings, swatches and ribbons on my beautiful dining table for about a month.  Things were being lost in the carpet(perfect excuse though to hint at wood flooring again), picked up by Ascher and used in his trucks, or messed up and lost due to restrictive space.  Plus, I had to clean up everyday just to make room to eat.  With this lack of space came mental creative frustration.  I could see in my head how this "thing" should look, but had a difficult time executing it.  Luckily for me, I had lots of scraps to play with!
In the end, I think the end result turned out beautifully!  I know Sara was impressed!  She had it sitting on her counter just as I gave it to her and shows it off to everyone!  Hopefully she understands that it really is napkins for use, and not decoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home