The Hernandez Family

Here's a wonderful site for our friends and family to see what's happening here in Round Lake! Hope you enjoy!

Growing Like a Weed!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crazy Few Weeks


The past few weeks have been pretty crazy around here. Grema decided to come for a visit and make an appearance at Tim and Angela's shower. We had all kinds of fun stuff planned, like the zoo, and a visit with G-Gma. The we got word that Immer's Uncle in Florida had passed. So Immer took an emergency trip to Florida and would be returning on Monday. We still did the zoo...and the shower.....just brought Ascher along for the ride! We had a very successful cleaning at Grandma's house and a nice dinner at Sonic (around 9.30 at night!).

Sunday morning was nice and casual and cloudy. Dropped mom off with perfect timing just before the horrible downpour! It was around lunch time, so Ascher and I decided to head to Baja Fresh for tacos and quesadillas! It was so good, and I didn't want to leave. Maybe I should've stayed. Driving home, the rain picked up again, so I took backroads to stay safe. Well, that didn't pan out too well. On Northwest Highway (Rt. 14), I saw a metal thing in the road, and swerved to save my tires. Didn't really think about the rest of my car. The metal thing basically ripped the entire undercarriage of my car. It was so stressful, and it didn't help that Immer was in Florida.

In the end, AAA came out, towed the van to our mechanic, we made a claim with Allstate, and here I sit two weeks later with no car still. I caused over $2K in damage (busted an axle, tore the 4 AC lines out, and cracked the back bumper). Good thing I made a claim.....and we all got home safely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home