The Hernandez Family

Here's a wonderful site for our friends and family to see what's happening here in Round Lake! Hope you enjoy!

Growing Like a Weed!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Ascherman!

I can't believe it! Ascherman is now a 4 yr. old! This year, he decided that he didn't want a party, he just wanted a birthday. So we didn't plan anything special or big for this festive day. As usual, did a little birthday decorating with a new sign that Grema made. (her first reaction to this photo- not how cute, wish I was there, but "the banner is crooked". It's not crooked, it's ANGLED! :P). Then we packed our bags and hit the road! We decided to hit the Milwaukee Zoo and see the Dinosaur Exhibit!
We were not really sure how Ascher would react to this......

A little worse than I expected actually. He was SCREAMING for us to get away from them, not to get close to them, and don't let them look at us. Of course, I'm laughing hysterically behind Immer because his reaction is so funny. Poor thing. Once we told him they were robots, and just to look at, he eased into them. But he didn't like it when they roared and stomped. Immer and I found it to be a really cool exhibit though. It's like Jurassic Park in the Zoo! They had quiet a few dinos there, but of course you always want more! And typical child fashion, once we left that exhibit, that's all Ascher would talk about!

Once we got home, we did a small dessert for Ascher. He wanted a pie....so I made a tart with fresh fruit and lemon custard. Really good! Overall, I think he had a nice, enjoyable day as a family!


3 Comments:

At June 25, 2010, Blogger Jeraldo de Pueblo said...

What branch of the Ascherman family does Ascher descend from?

Jerry Aschermann
St. Joseph, Missouri

http://academic.missouriwestern.edu/ascher click on Germany for an overview of my clan. I am familiar with other clans but not those in this part of Illinois. Cheers

 
At June 26, 2010, Blogger Jeraldo de Pueblo said...

Jerry Aschermann

jerrystjo2000 AT gmail.com

 
At June 28, 2010, Anonymous Lisa H. said...

Wow- Hi Jerry. I'm sorry to disappoint, but Ascherman is a self-appointed nickname for my son, Ascher. His name is from my maiden name, Scher. Your family history is really interesting though. Sorry we couldn't help with your search!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home